Senior Software Engineer
Location: Remote or Seattle
Remote work is encouraged and acceptable! A Seattle location is not required. Healthcare experience is also not required.
Help build and scale the first mobile AI assistant for physicians!
Are you self-driven with a history of designing and building high quality products? We are a team of experienced engineers, ML experts and entrepreneurs with deep industry experience looking for talented full-stack engineers to help grow our platform. All of our engineering team members have an opportunity to build out our backend, integrate with our machine learning systems and develop our unique UI. If working in a fast-moving startup environment solving difficult yet meaningful challenges sounds exciting - we want to hear from you. We are backed by Madrona Ventures, the largest VC firm in the Pacific Northwest.
Your ability to work collaboratively with the engineering, ML, data and product teams is important, as is the ability to work remotely and independently.
What You Will Do
- Help scale the Saykara platform: Lead the architecture and implementation of web services, APIs and front-end components
- Work with the product team and other engineers to build exciting new features for our fast-growing user base
- Build delightful user experiences for physicians and other users of our platform
- Establish team best practices and empower the growth of your peers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with broader teams
- Ship maintainable, reusable code at scale
- Research and pioneer the adoption of new technologies
- Experience building application server components and services
- Experience designing and implementing secure APIs
- Experience with schema design for a high-performance database
- Experience deploying software on elastic platforms such as Kubernetes, EC2, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Have proven communication and collaboration skills across teams
- Hold yourself to a high bar and make peers better through your own work
- Take pride in mentoring and elevating the impact of others
- Flourish with a high level of autonomy and ownership
- Experience with real-time audio streaming technologies
- Interest in voice driven UI
- Have a willingness to participate or proctor chili cook-offs, ping pong tourneys, fantasy football and many other essential Saykara events
What We Offer
- An opportunity to solve meaningful, challenging problems in the rapidly-changing healthcare industry
- An opportunity to work with seasoned technology startup veterans and experienced ML/AI experts
- A fun and casual work environment with flexible work hours and flexible vacation days
- Competitive compensation package with salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K benefits
- An opportunity to be part of an early-stage, well-funded, fast-growing startup
Saykara is an innovative startup with a vision to bring back the joy in practicing medicine. Powered by voice recognition and machine learning, we are simplifying data capture with a new mobile AI assistant for physicians that eliminates the hassle of working with EHRs. With Saykara, physicians can finally re-focus on the stuff that matters -- patient care and overall quality of life. It’s an exciting time to join us and have a huge impact on our growth and mission. Saykara is used in some of the largest health systems in the US.