Clinical Documentation Specialist
Are you someone with in-depth knowledge of medical records, a natural ability to communicate with physicians and great database or mathematics skills? Is working for a healthcare technology company on your radar, or perhaps something you’ve already done? If you enjoy a combination of behind-the-scenes work, documentation preparation, troubleshooting and client interaction, this may be the role for you!
Saykara is a fast-growing healthcare technology company using artificial intelligence and machine learning to automate physician charting. We are conveniently located in downtown Seattle. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits (including commuter benefits), plus free beverages and snacks.
As a Clinical Documentation Specialist, you will be part of a team that helps facilitate the successful implementation and support of our proprietary software-as-a-service platform. You will be involved in the full lifecycle, from planning and kick-off through go live, optimization and ongoing support, helping coordinate activities both internally and externally.
- Requirements Gathering. Perform in-depth review and analysis of electronic health record (EHR) templates, smart phrases, macros and notes for individual physician users; also, conduct personal interviews to determine individual styles and preferences.
- Output Customizations. Construct codified patterns and output formats for SOAP notes, operative notes, procedure notes, orders and other medical charting-related assets.
- Documentation. Development resource materials and other technical documents to guide clinical reviewers and physician users.
- Training. Design and deliver training to clinical reviewer personnel.
- Quality Assurance. Perform crosscheck of work performed by clinical reviewer personnel to ensure quality and accuracy. Deliver constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Troubleshooting/Support. Serve as educational and problem-solving resource to internal personnel and physician users in support of orientation, go live and day-to-day product optimization.
- Previous or current employment as a medical scribe, clinical documentation improvement (CDI) specialist, clinical analyst, clinical project coordinator, clinical research coordinator or similar role.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Intimate familiarity with electronic health record (EHR) systems and the manner in which patient-specific data is documented and maintained.
- Good understanding of databases acquired through college coursework, internship and/or professional work experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to cultivate rapport and facilitate communication with physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, time management and organizational skills, with significant attention to detail.
- Demonstrated competency in authoring of technical documents.
- Proven ability to function independently, take initiative and exercise sound judgment.
- College pre-med coursework.
- Specific familiarity with Epic, Cerner, Meditech, Athena, NextGen and other industry-leading electronic health record systems.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree with major in biology, nursing, chemistry, mathematics, computer science, engineering, information systems or related area of study.
- One or more years’ experience facilitating remote/virtual training or in-classroom training.