Saykara is an innovative startup with a vision to bring back the joy in practicing medicine. Powered by voice recognition and machine learning, we are simplifying data capture with a new artificial intelligence based virtual scribe solution that eliminates the hassle of working with EHRs. With Saykara, physicians can finally re-focus on the stuff that matters -- patient care and overall quality of life. We're led by a team of passionate healthcare and technology startup veterans and backed by Madrona Ventures, the largest VC firm in the Pacific Northwest.
We are looking for a talented and innovative machine learning expert to help build our intelligent clinical documentation engine. We are looking for a passionate and self-driven expert who wants to be part of an early-stage startup that is transforming healthcare using artificial intelligence.
What You’ll Do
- Build Saykara’s machine learning platform: you will work with other members of the engineering team to design, create, and improve systems that solve a wide variety of ML/NLP problems
- Support all phases in the design, research and development of our ML systems
- Design, develop and deliver prototype and production systems that process large data sets and adapt over time
- Ensure optimal performance, quality and responsiveness of the platform
- Collaborate with other engineers and ML experts who are working on different layers of the platform
- Participate in design discussions with the product team to inform and influence product decisions
- Provide guidance and feedback to junior team members
- Help with screening of new machine learning candidates
- Communicate cross-functionally with broader teams
What You’ve Done
- PhD and/or MS degree in a relevant machine learning or natural language processing discipline: Computational Linguistics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computational/Theoretical Physics, Computer Science/Engineering
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a machine learning role
- Competency with/understanding of recent advances in NLP: word vectors, RNNs, LSTMs, Attention, etc
- A strong quantitative background
- Experience in extracting, cleaning, preparing and modeling data
- Experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with one or more of: python, Keras/TensorFlow, pytorch, scipy/numpy, octave/matlab, ...
- Experience with Linux
- Demonstrated experience in the software development lifecycle, from requirements to design to development and testing
- Successfully delivered projects on time
- Proficiency with code versioning tools
- Ability to communicate with product designers, engineers, and testers
- Manage work independently and collaborate effectively as a member of a team
What We Offer
- Opportunity to solve meaningful, challenging problems in a rapidly transforming healthcare industry
- Opportunity to work with seasoned technology startup veterans and experienced ML/AI experts
- A fun and casual work environment with flexible work hours and unlimited vacation days
- Competitive compensation package with salary and stock options
- Opportunity to be part of an early-stage, well-funded, fast-growing startup
- Great location close to South Lake Union in Seattle across from Amazon’s new spheres with easy access to restaurants, transportation and entertainment
This opportunity is based in our headquarters in Seattle, WA.
Saykara Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status or military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Washington state law.