Saykara is an innovative startup with a vision to bring back the joy in practicing medicine. Powered by voice recognition and machine learning, we are simplifying data capture with a new artificial intelligence based virtual scribe solution that eliminates the hassle of working with EHRs. With Saykara, physicians can finally re-focus on the stuff that matters -- patient care and overall quality of life. We're led by a team of passionate healthcare and technology startup veterans and backed by Madrona Ventures, the largest VC firm in the Pacific Northwest.
We are looking for a talented full-stack developer to help us build out our platform and contribute to the front-end web interface, APIs and integration with ML layer. We are looking for passionate and self-driven engineers that want to be part of an early-stage startup that is transforming healthcare.
What You’ll Do
- Build the Saykara platform: You will work with our product designers and other full-stack engineers to implement exciting new features for our existing and new clients
- You will own and drive the development and testing of new features
- Collaborate with team members and mentor others when needed
- Participate in design discussions with the product team
- Participate in code reviews with the engineering team
- Contribute to all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- You will help with screening of new engineering candidates
- Communicate cross-functionally with broader teams
What You’ve Done
- At least 3 years of industry experience developing full-stack applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or 5 years of applicable experience
- Backend experience with node.js, MongoDB
- API design and development
- Experience with Linux
- Automated testing tools
- Experience in iOS app development a plus (Objective-C, Swift)
- Experience in NLP/machine learning a plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Ability to communicate with product designers, engineers, and testers
- Manage work independently and collaborate effectively as a member of a team
What We Offer
- Opportunity to solve meaningful, challenging problems in a rapidly transforming healthcare industry
- Opportunity to work with seasoned technology startup veterans and experienced ML/AI experts
- A fun and casual work environment with flexible work hours and flexible vacation days
- Competitive compensation package with salary and stock options
- Opportunity to be part of an early-stage, well-funded, fast-growing startup
- Great location close to South Lake Union in Seattle across from Amazon’s new spheres with easy access to restaurants, transportation and entertainment
This opportunity is based in our headquarters in Seattle, WA.
Saykara Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status or military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Washington state law.